What are the physical effects of Adderall? Adderall is prescribed for those who have been diagnosed with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). There are physical effects of Adderall, though not everyone taking this happens, but if you are taking Adderall without being under a doctor’s care, then you might want to know what effects could happen to you.
1. Adderall suppresses your appetite. When the chemicals are released in Adderall it can suppress your appetite. The amphetamine that is present in Adderall increases the level of dopamine, which in turn decreases the need to be hungry and eat.
2. Adderall can raise your blood pressure. When your blood pressure is raised, then it could cause your heart rate to raise. These two together can cause a heart attack or even death. A doctor can monitor your blood pressure and heart rate while you are taking Adderall to see if it may cause this problem. Though it may only raise slightly, every patient needs to be monitored.
3. Another physical effect of Adderall is increased adrenaline. Your body has natural adrenaline stored in the brain. When you get excited or happy, then the brain releases the adrenaline naturally. When you take Adderall it takes the adrenaline that your brain has stored and releases it immediately. You have instant adrenaline. This can be a dangerous physical effect as it can instantly raise your blood pressure and even lead to a heart attack.
4. You can have dry mouth when taking Adderall. Adderall inhibits the saliva in your mouth. This causes dry mouth as well as keeps you thirsty all the time. You have to keep yourself hydrated when taking Adderall and this is another possible physical effect.
5. Adderall can also bring blurry vision. This isn’t with all patients, but some patients have experienced a blurry vision at times when taking Adderall.
6. Growth suppression is a physical side effect of taking Adderall. Some children who have taken Adderall for over a year had a slower growth than children who has never taken Adderall.
7. You can become very nervous when taking Adderall. Adderall can over stimulate your nervous system, which can make a person nervous who is not normally a nervous person.
8. Insomnia can occur when taking Adderall and is a very common physical effect. The chemicals that are in Adderall make you alert and this is why it can cause insomnia in people taking Adderall.
9. A physical effect that is common with taking Adderall is abdominal discomfort. The Adderall slows down the digestive system muscles and this can cause the abdominal discomfort as food that has been digested takes a longer time to pass through the body.
10. Restlessness is also a physical effect that can come with taking Adderall. The stimulants that are in Adderall can cause a person to become restless along with nervous.
These are the physical effects of taking Adderall. Under a doctor’s care you will be watched for any of these signs. Always take Adderall under a doctor’s care to prevent any damage to your physical body.